Chocolate-covered espresso beans encompass all our favorite things in one bite-sized snack – they’re chocolaty, sweet, roasty, crunchy, and most importantly, caffeinated. We like dipping our beans in semi-sweet or milk chocolate, but you can also experiment with different flavors like white chocolate or mint.
These little guys are perfect for a midday pick-me-up and can be stored in your refrigerator in an airtight container for munching on later.
Here’s how to make chocolate-covered espresso beans, or as they should more appropriately be called: your new favorite snack.
Chocolate-Covered Espresso Beans
- 2/3 cup high-quality chocolate
- 1/3 cup whole espresso beans (we recommend H.C. Valentine 100% Organic Signature espresso)
- Melt chocolate by and warming it slowly in a saucepan over a very low heat.
- Once the chocolate is melted, carefully stir in espresso beans. Mix until all beans are coated in chocolate.
- Using a fork, lift the individual beans onto parchment paper and let cool in the fridge until hardened.
- Enjoy now, or put cooled beans into an airtight container and store in the fridge.