For our weekly segment, Ultimate Tailgate with Southern Chefs, we show you how to make Conecuh Corn Dogs!
College football season has begun and that means it's time to bring your tailgate game to the next level. Every week this season, AL.com will bring you recipes guaranteed to impress your friends at your tailgate or gameday gathering with Ultimate Tailgate with Southern Chefs presented by Royal Cup Coffee and Tea.
This week, Chef Terrill Brazelton of Slice Pizza shows us how to create the ultimate corn dog for your big game tailgate.
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Two diced jalapenos (seeds removed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Grill conecuh sausage. Push long wooden stick into sausage lengthwise.
- Combine cornmeal, corn flour, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, jalapenos, eggs, and honey in a large mixing bowl. Stir in buttermilk while whisking mixture to combine evenly.
- Dip skewered sausage into batter until entire sausage is evenly coated.
- Drop into deep fryer set to 350 degrees until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes).
- Serve with mustard or hot sauce (or both!).