It's Easter weekend! If you're having family or friends over for the holiday, you'll want to make this coffee-glazed ham -- the sweet and savory flavors are sure to be a hit with everyone. We recommend using a dark espresso -- our H.C. Valentine 100% Organic Espresso's notes of red fruit, spice, caramel, and toasted nuts really bring out the flavors of the meat.
How to Make a Coffee-Glazed Ham
- 5 lb. fully-cooked ham
- 1 espresso shot OR 1 tbsp. espresso-grind (fine) coffee.
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Trim excess fat from ham.
- Place ham on rack in roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Pull an espresso shot (here's how). If you don't have an espresso machine, substitute for 1 tbsp. finely-ground coffee and 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Add remaining ingredients to espresso and stir to combine.
- Baste ham with coffee mixture and continue to bake for 45 minutes, basting every 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.