Out with the old, in with the new (year)! Here at Royal Cup, we’re looking forward to shepherding in 2018 with a confetti-filled, coffee-fueled celebration for the record books. Despite the best of intentions, those of us who haven’t witnessed the stroke of midnight since our younger years may struggle to stay awake until the ball drops.
To curb this generalized side effect of aging, we’ve compiled some caffeinated beverages and coffee-infused snacks that will help keep your eyes open ‘til 2018. We’ve also developed a highly scientific countdown clock to give you a taste of when you should partake to keep your alertness levels maximized!
We don’t how you feel about it, but one of life’s simplest pleasures is getting into bed before 9 p.m. after a long, hard day. When you feel that first wave of sleepiness set in on NYE, give your brain and body a jumpstart with these energy bites full of superfoods and coffee to stay awake!
Coffee Energy Bites
(h/t Blissful Britt)
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh ground coffee beans
- ½ cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Stir together oatmeal, flaxseed, and coffee grounds together until thoroughly mixed
- Add almond butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Once well combined, fold in your chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before rolling into balls.
Take your NYE extravaganza to the next level with this coffee-infused cocktail that plays on an old favorite with a fresh, cold-brewed update. Whether you’re crafting one for yourself or tending bar for a group, this drink will definitely help you stay awake and keep the party going ‘til midnight!
(h/t Happy Foodie)
- 2 ounces Royal Cup cold-brewed coffee
- 1 ½ ounces bourbon
- ½ ounce crème de cacao
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Combine bitters, syrup, crème de cacao and bourbon into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain and pour into a glass.
- Top off with cold-brewed coffee.
Decadent desserts are the perfect party fare to toast to 2018. We love these bite-size treats that incorporate just enough espresso to give you an energy boost when you hit that late night slump.
- 24 ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of brewed espresso
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- Use a food processor to blend ladyfingers to a fine crumb consistency. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- Use a mixer to combine mascarpone cheese and ladyfingers.
- Add espresso one tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated. The mixture should resemble a soft cookie dough.
- Chill dough for 45 minutes before shaping into 1-inch balls and freezing for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and add espresso powder. Dip tiramisu balls into chocolate and sprinkle with crushed ladyfingers for garnish.
When the clock strikes midnight, we hope you are surrounded by your closest family and friends to ring in 2018. Let us know your New Year’s Eve plans by hitting us up on Twitter at @RoyalCup and, of course, have a safe and Happy New Year!