If you’re a human being on planet earth with an HBO subscription, you’ve probably heard the rumor that “winter is coming” or “winter is here,” but where we're from – it’s Alabama. Winter ain’t coming anytime soon. And honestly, we don’t mind – there are so many great things about summer, like ice cream, wildfire-flies, ice cream, crossing the Narrow Sea, ice cream, Nameday feasts, ice cream, no White Walkers… Did we mention ice cream?!
If it’s been awhile since you’ve satisfied your craving for something creamy, frozen and caffeinated, then you’re in luck – we’re singing A Song of Ice (cream) and Fire (great coffee). These three ice cream recipes are so easy to make, even if you know nothing about cooking! Hold the door, though – these tasty treats are meant to be enjoyed before the Long Night cometh. So bend the knee, listen closely and then send a raven to all your ice cream-lovin’ friends.
COFFEE FRAPPE OF THE POPPY
Coffee frappe (emphasis on the “eh”), is nothing more than a fancy French term for a coffee milkshake – but it’s so dang good! Whether you woke up with a fire in your belly or need a refreshing treat after a long day on the battlefield, this potion comes highly recommended from our Maester Roaster.
- 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of chilled Caffe Siena Coffee Extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup for Iced Coffee Drinks
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder
- Blend ice cream, ice, coffee, milk and simple syrup in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled dragonglass.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle cocoa powder.
COFFEE ICE CREAM OF THE NORTH
There is literally nothing better than a big bowl of coffee ice cream on a hot summer day. Our allies in the North have a great recipe that will have you pledging an oath of fealty after only one bite!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Bella Vista 100% Fair Trade brewed coffee, chilled
- Whisk the cream and sugar until the sugar dissolves completely and the mixture is frothy in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the milk, vanilla and Bella Vista 100% Fair Trade coffee (the Bella Vista has delightful dark cocoa and caramel notes, which create a smooth and creamy finish).
- Whisk the ingredients until blended.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Prepare the ice cream in an ice-cream maker per the instructions.
HOUSE OF COLD-BREW ICED MOCHA POPS
Cold-brew Iced Mocha Pops, first of its name, are so good and refreshing, you won’t think twice about abandoning your sigil for just… one… more!
- 2 cups HC Valentine Cold Brew
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 8 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (or more if you like lots of chocolate chips!)
- Empty one tablespoon of the dark chocolate chips in the bottom of the popsicle molds.
- Mix the condensed milk with the cold brew coffee and fill each mold to the top.
- Cover the top of the mold tightly with foil and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until solid. To remove the popsicles, fill the sink with hot tap water and immerse the mold up to, but not over, the top lip for a few seconds and pull out the pops.
- Be careful not to immerse for too long in the hot water, or the popsicles will melt!
Disclaimer: If you have not read/watched Game of Thrones, we highly recommend that you power through the previous six seasons and then re-read this blog. Because winter IS coming. And we totally nerded out on this blog. And we hate that you’re missing out. #TeamKhaleesi