Why bring the same old boring platter to your tailgate? Spice up your menu by cooking with coffee! Here are 6 simple recipes to get you started.
Coffee truly is an amazing thing. While the majority of us brew coffee and drink it in beverage form did you know you can also cook with coffee? In fact, some of the best chefs in the country do it. Just recently our H.C. Valentine line of coffees were honored at a dinner hosted by the Virginia College Culinary School in which the chefs cooked coffee into every aspect of the 5 course meal.
With sports in full swing we thought we would compile a list of delicious recipes that we found to try out at your next tailgate!
- Ultimate Baked Beans on Toast: This recipe has everything you could ever want in the perfect tailgate appetizer. There's bacon, beans and of course coffee! Independent.co.uk brings this recipe for your cooking pleasure.
- Sausage with Red Eye Gravy and Biscuits: Sausage, biscuits and gravy. It is the perfect combo for any early morning tailgate. Wake your friends up with this exclusive recipe from Parade.com.
- Coffee Rubbed Cheeseburgers with BBQ Sauce Topping: What good is a tailgate with cheeseburgers? This delicious recipe from Epicurious.com shows you how to make a custom coffee rub to take your cheeseburgers up a notch.
- Coffee marinated Bison Short Ribs: Is there any better quintessential tailgate food than short ribs? This recipe from BonAppetit.com shows you just how to make a tantalizing coffee rub that will take take your short ribs to another culinary level.
- Coffee Ice Cream: We came up with this recipe back around July 4th and it consistently is one of our higher viewed recipes. We've gotten great feedback on this twist on a classic American dessert so try it out for yourself!
- Mocha Walnut Brownies: Realsimple.com shows you just how easy it is to add a new twist to a classic dessert. This espresso based twist is sure to please everyone at your tailgate!