Did you know placing tea bags on your eyes reduces dark circles and puffy eyes?
Tea is an amazing thing; it comes in a multitude of flavors, styles, shapes, sizes and cooking preferences. With such a variety of uses and consumption options you can see why tea is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. That being said there's probably a lot about tea you probably don't know! Read on below for 8 weird facts about tea you probably didn't know. Show off to your friends next time you're sitting around sipping your favorite glass of Royal Cup Tea.
- Tea bags on your eyes can reduce swelling and puffyness - according to collegefashion.net placing two steeped tea bags on your eyes can help reduce the dreaded dark circles, puffy red eyes and sooth your face
- You can bathe in tea - and it actually works! Skincare.com reports that bathing in Green Tea can help "detoxify and soothe your skin" give it a try
- The first tea book written was named Ch'a Ching - and since then Tea has proved quite a profitable asset for beverage companies and consumers around the world
- Richard Blechynden 1st introduced Iced Tea in 1904 at the St. Louis World Fair - it is reported that Blechrnden couldn't sell any hot tea due to the heat at the fair so he threw ice cubes on his tea and voila. Iced tea become mainstream in America
- Tea can reduce your stress - according to the University College of London black tea reduces the stress hormones that we build up in our bodies
- There are over 3,000 types of tea in the world - making it the 2nd most consumed beverage internationally behind water
- Our friends across the pond in the UK drink 62 BILLION cups of tea a year - or 165 million cups a day
- Tea tree oil repels mosquitos - a good trick to keep in mind during the summer
There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.