Coffee is good, ice cream is good. Why not combine the two?
July 4th is a time for celebration, fireworks and FOOD! And what better food to make to follow your delicious BBQ than ice cream?
We've concocted a recipe consulting our experts here at Royal Cup on how to combine your two favorite things, coffee and ice cream, to make a delicious treat for the whole family!
- 1 cup cold brewed Royal Cup coffee (click here to link to our home coffee selections)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ground Royal Cup coffee
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 home ice cream maker
- 6 Egg yolks
- Combine the cream, milk and coffee in an appropriately sized saucepan and bring to a mild boil over medium heat
- Remove from heat
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl and whisk 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg yolks
- Add the egg mixture to the hot cream
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon about 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and strain into a clean container
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours
- Remove from refrigerator and pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions
Do you have any variations to this recipe you think we should include? We'd love to hear back on how your coffee ice cream comes out!