A sweet thing for your sweet thing.
Don't get us wrong; Thanksgiving turkey is fantastic, Christmas ham is awesome and birthday cake is great! But, is there anything better than Valentine's Day sweets? While other holidays make you wade through a sea of terrible food from your relatives, Valentine's day unashamedly comes out the gates sugar guns blazing. That sort of bold calorie driven excitement deserves to be recognized.
So we at Royal Cup have put together the perfect (espresso-infused) brownie recipe! See below and enjoy!
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons brewed Royal Cup espresso (or your favorite Royal Cup coffee, strongly brewed)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of natural coco powder
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter (or spray with non stick pan spray) an 8-inch square baking pan
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder in medium bowl
- Combine butter and unsweetened chocolate in large bowl.
- Microwave butter and unsweetened chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring between until melted.
- Whisk in bown and granulated sugars, eggs, espresso/coffee, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the bittersweet chocolate.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan
- Bake for roughly 35 to 40 minutes. Checking periodically with a toothpick
- Rock your Valentine's world with this amazing treat!