This warm weather makes us thirsty. Thirsty for some fresh iced green tea!
If you haven't heard green tea can be incredibly healthy for you. The compounds found in most green teas help your brain function, burn calories and may lower your risk of cancer! Since we've recently launched our HC Valentine Loose Leaf teas on our online store we thought we'd share a great recipe to try out. This sugar free recipe combines the best parts of green tea with the healthy properties of ginger, lemon and honey!
Ingredients: Makes 1 Pitcher:
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 lemon
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 to 6 scoops of HC Valentine Green Summer Solstice (depending on how strong you like your tea)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, tightly packed, plus extra to serve
- Combine the water and ginger slices in a pot.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Once the water boils, remove from heat, add the tea bags and mint leaves.
- Cover the pot and let tea steep for 12-15 minutes.
- Strain tea.
- Mix in the honey and juice from half of the lemon into the tea.
- Transfer to a pitcher and place in refridgerator.
- Optional: Slice the second half of the lemon. When ready to serve, add 1 to 2 lemon slices into each glass, along with a few mint leaves and ice cubes.
- Once the tea has cooled, pour it into the glasses and serve.