Do you ever find yourself dragging during the workday, even after a few cups of coffee? Say hello to your new favorite summer drink that’s made for natural energy -- our iced green tea with chia seeds!
If you’re not already on the chia bandwagon, it’s definitely time for you to try the little guys. Chia seeds have been around since ancient times, and were even traded as a form of currency in Aztec, Mayan, and Inca cultures. Warriors called chia seeds “running food”, because they claimed they could run all day after having as little as a spoonful. Cool, right?
We know you’re probably not sprinting into battle, but these tiny seeds can increase your overall energy and pack a major health punch. They’re low calorie and low carbohydrate, but pack tons of healthy fat, fiber, and omega-3’s. Another benefit? They regulate your blood sugar levels so you won’t get hangry or want to take a nap under your desk when 3 p.m. hits.
How to make iced green tea with chia seeds.
- Your favorite H.C. Valentine loose leaf tea. We used Green Tea Summer Solstice for a refreshing blend of ginger, orange peel, and Sencha.
- 2 Tbsp. simple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds.
- Brew H.C. Valentine loose leaf tea, strain, and cool completely.
- Add simple syrup to tea mixture.
- Add chia seeds to mixture and stir.
- Cool in refrigerator for at least an hour, or until chia seeds are gelatinous.
- Pour into a chilled glass and enjoy!