Cinco de Mayo is on Friday, and we're ready to get in the spirit with this Mexican coffee recipe! The combination of tequila, Kahlua, melted vanilla ice cream and dark-roasted, full-bodied Mexican coffee is absolutely divine (and perfect for sipping on a Friday evening). Here's the recipe -- we hope you enjoy!
How to Make a Mexican Coffee Cocktail
This recipe makes one cocktail; to make two, simply double the recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely-ground coffee (We recommend using our H.C. Valentine Mexican Organic coffee)
- 6 oz. boiling water
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 oz. Kahlua
- .75 oz. of your favorite tequila
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream and cinnamon, to garnish
- Make your coffee in a French press, using 2 tablespoons of coffee and 6 oz. water for every serving. (To learn how to brew using a French press, click here).
- Dip the rim of your glass into the brewed coffee and then into the brown sugar to coat the rim.
- Using a kitchen torch or lighter, carefully run your glass through the flame to caramelize the sugar on the rim. This should only take a few seconds.
- Add both liquors to your glass, add the hot coffee, and top with a scoop ice cream.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!