Refresh your summer with a "do it yourself" mint, iced coffee!
We understand that it can be hard to love hot beverages during the grueling summer months. While a piping fresh cup of coffee in the morning may be great it can be hard to motivate yourself to down a cup once the midday temperatures hit. That being said we've created a simple iced coffee recipe that is sure to satisfy and refresh! This easy recipe combines the things you love most about iced coffee. We hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup of freshly ground H.C. Valentine Signature Blend
- 3 cups of filtered,cold water
- Fresh mint syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Half cup of ice cubes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint syrup
- 8 ounces coffee concentrate
- 3 tablespoons milk, cream or sweetened condensed milk
- 1 big bunch of fresh mint leaves (around 3/4 cup)
- Handful of fresh mint leaves for garnish and syrup
Directions: (Creates 2 servings)
Cold Brew Concentrate
- Combine the 1/2 ground H.C. Valentine coffee and 2 cups of filtered water in a jar/bowl.
- Stir well.
- Let it sit at room temperature for at least 8 hours.
- Use a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth to strain coffee concentrate and remove all the grinds.
Fresh Mint Syrup
- To make the mint simple syrup, add the 1 cup of filtered water, 1 cup of sugar, 3-4 fresh mint leaves and vanilla bean to a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour into bowl or jar.
- Place in the fridge overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Strain out the mint leaves and vanilla pod.
Mint Iced Coffee
- Add ice cubes to empty glass or jar.
- Pour the mint syrup overtop to taste.
- Pour in coffee concentrate (and creamer if desired).
- Top it off with some fresh mint leaves and enjoy!