Start your day with this nutritious power smoothie!
If your mouth isn't watering already from the title then just wait. There's nothing easier to throw together when you are on your way out the door to work than a smoothie. If you have a good fruit blender, then the rest of your smoothie-making process is taken care of.
We've compiled a a little recipe that we think everyone should try out to help keep them energized and on track with New Year's Resolutions!
This recipe includes spinach, kiwis, bananas and our loose leaf mint tea! Here is why these 4 main ingredients will help you start your morning with a BANG!
- Spinach - packed with vitamins, antioxidants and protein, spinach isn't just for Popeye. Spinach also has a good amount of zinc, copper and fiber; all essential parts of your daily diet.
- Bananas - loaded with potassium, Vitamin B and Vitamin C. This is great for runners especially to keep your muscles from getting sore.
- Kiwis - Kiwis are a great source of Vitamin K and B for energy and muscle recovery.
- H.C. Valentine Mint Loose Leaf Tea - did you know Mint Green tea can help you burn more calories during a workout? What about helping with appetite suppressant. The mint tea in this smoothie will help keep you full and resist that extra donut from the office break room.
- 2 ripe kiwis, flesh scooped out
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of brewed H.C. Valentine Mint Green Tea (available on our web store under tea -> loose leaf teas)
- Squeeze of lemon or lime
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of ice - to desired consitency
- Steep your mint green tea in boiling water for 3-4 minutes
- Add tea and other ingredients to a high-powered and blend until smooth.
- Add more coconut water/water to reach your desired consistency and ice if you like a frosty smoothie.