Kick off your summer with the perfect Mint Julep Recipe!
Even though we're sure National Mint Julep Day has been marked on your calendar for months here's your friendly reminder that National Mint Julep Day falls on Saturday May 30th
To help celebrate this wonderful holiday we've asked our Tea Specialist Marshall to put together the perfect Mint Julep Recipe for our readers. We've compiled his tastiest recipe below so read, grab your ingredients and enjoy!
Marshall's Perfect Mint Julep
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups SWEET ICED tea
- 1 cup bourbon (optional)
- Crushed ice
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a 2-qt. pitcher
- Press mint leaves against sides of pitcher with back of spoon to release flavors
- Stir in tea (and bourbon if you're using it)
- Serve over crushed ice
- Garnish (if desired)
Also June is National Iced Tea month! So be sure to check back for more recipes and mixing tips!