Try our twist on a classic southern favorite. Perfect for holiday parties and beyond!
Looking for the perfect tea recipe to add to your holiday party? We have you covered with a southern favorite that's sure to please even the pickiest house guest this time of year. The beauty of this recipe is it can also be canned in mason jars and given away as party favors!
- 8 Cups of Boiling water
- 5 tablespoons of HC Valentine's new Loose Leaf teas or 5-8 tea bags of Royal Cup's Signature Iced Tea. Any flavor will work but we recommend one of our iced tea options (both available on our online store)
- 1 lemon or 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon of whole cloves
- 6 oranges or 1 3/4 cups of orange juice
- 2 cups of sugar
- 8 cups of water
- Bring 8 cups of filtered water to boil
- Add tea leaves (or bags if that's what you're using) to boiling water.
- Steep 5 minutes
- Strain (or remove tea bags)
- Set on the side
- To make syrup; in a separate pot combine sugar, cloves and your other 8 cups of water and bring to boil
- Pour syrup into tea
- Add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 3/4 cups of orange juice
- Stir well
- Serve well hot or over ice for a smooth holiday treat!
- Optional: Add vodka to taste for adult Christmas parties!
This recipe will create around 18 servings. Bring a fresh batch to your next Christmas party and claim it is an old family recipe! Don't worry, we won't tell anyone where you got the recipe.