Try out this simple, delicious recipe for a new spin on a classic favorite.
In case you haven't heard flavored teas are trending big in restaurants across the nation. While we proudly offer a large range of flavored teas (loose leaf and bagged) we wanted to share a fun recipe to try out with your favorite Royal Cup Sweet Tea.
- 3 cups of freshly sliced Strawberries
- Lemon juice
- 5 scoops of your favorite HC Valentine loose leaf teas
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 quarts of filtered water
- Steep tea bags in 1 quart boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and stir well.
- Puree strawberries in food processor or blender until liquefied.
- Remove tea bags and add remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add strawberry puree and lemon juice and stir well.
- Strain the strawberry/lemon juice puree through cheesecloth or fine sieve to remove large fruit pieces.
- Add remaining quart of water and chill.
- Serve over ice and enjoy.