In honor of the the action happening in Rio right now, we wanted to make the signature cocktail of Brazil, the caipirinha, with some Royal Cup flair!
The traditional version is made with lime, sugar, and cachaça, which is a Brazilian brandy made from sugarcane, but our version takes things up a notch with some fruity loose leaf tea. This drink may be Brazilian, but it’s perfect for sipping and cheering on America. A word of warning: these refreshing summertime cocktails can be a little addicting!
Ingredients: (Makes 1 Serving)
- 1 heaping tablespoon H.C. Valentine Yellow Peach Rooibos & Fruit Loose Leaf Tea
- Empty tea sachet
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 ounces Cachaça
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Crushed ice
- Mint and peach slices to garnish (optional)
- To make your tea-infused simple syrup, place loose tea into an empty sachet and steep in a cup of boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Remove tea bag, add sugar, and cool completely.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of finished simple syrup in a rocks glass and muddle with lime wedges.
- Add 2 ounces of Cachaça to the glass and top with crushed ice. Garnish with sliced peaches and mint, if desired. Stir and enjoy!