Looking for an easy way to cut sugar intake before beach season? To slash calories, try making sugar-free sweet iced tea!
Spring and summer are nearly upon us. This exciting time of the year probably has you thinking about warm weather, beach vacations, and of course, healthier food options. We've worked on creating healthy coffee and tea recipes to share with everyone to help cut calories and sugar intake without sacrificing flavor. If you've missed any of these recipes be sure to check out our "Healthy coffee and tea" Pinterest Board for more.
One of our healthy drink recipes we noticed people have enjoyed is our "How to make a healthier glass of sweet tea" recipe. As the warmer weather approaches we wanted to be sure to revisit this blog with a new, sugar-free sweet tea recipe for all our southern sweet tea lovers out there!
- Filtered water
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener such as Stevia or Agave Nectar (For an in-depth breakdown of artificial sweeteners, visit this article from the Mayo Clinic).
- Royal Cup tea bags (buy them here).
Directions: (Makes 1 gallon of Sweet Tea)
- Pour 2 cups of filtered water to a boil in a small pan.
- Once boiling, turn off heat and add 2 tea bags to the water to steep.
- Steep for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and stir in 1 teaspoon of liquid artificial sweetener.
- Mix well.
- Pour the tea/sweetener mix into a 1 gallon container. Add 4 cups of ice cold water to top of tea mixture.
- Mix well.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Serve over ice and enjoy! Add lemon for garnishment.
- Note: Experiment with different flavored teas (such as peach or green) and try our ROAR Loose Teas!