Today is National Dog Day and our team at Royal Cup wanted to paws to celebrate our beloved puppers the BEST way we know how - puppuccino style! Whether you work in a paw-fice, a re-tail store, or at a ROOF-ing company, our team believes both you and your fur-buddy deserve a brew or two. In honor of this special occasion, we’ve dug up some of the best recipes to create a tasty treat fur your favorite four-legged friend. Let’s raise a toast to those who make life awesome! Don’t stop retrievin’.
RAISE THE WOOF
A Dairy-Free Puppuccino, Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut milk*
- Pour one entire can of coconut milk into a bowl (both liquid and solid parts).
- Mix thoroughly with a fork or small whisk until the solids are incorporated into the liquids. The results should be frothy.
- Chill overnight, or until quite cold, so that your cream will hold its shape.
- When you’re ready to whip, give the coconut another quick stir for best results.
- Pour coconut milk into the canister of your whipped cream maker* and close securely.
- Add whipped cream charger and shake the coconut milk gently.
- Spray your coconut whipped cream onto your puppy pastries, puppuccinos, or right into your dog’s mouth (most entertaining option, clearly)!
- No whipped cream maker? Beat the chilled coconut mixture with a balloon whisk (or in your mixer) until stiff peaks form.
*Drinkable coconut milk is too thin for this recipe. You need the canned product with its thick, fatty goodness to stabilize the cream.
* No whipped cream maker? Beat the chilled coconut mixture with a balloon whisk (or in your mixer) until stiff peaks form.
Recipe courtesy of Rover.
A Dog-Friendly Hot Chocolate
- Carob Powder
- For a puppuccino-style hot chocolate (aka "hot dogolate"), mix milk, water, and carob powder together and top it with a dollop of froth. For a light and simple dog-friendly “fluffy,” froth up the milk and serve it with a tasty sprinkle of cinnamon and/or carob powder.
Recipe courtesy of Dalmatian Daily.
Puppy Spice Latte
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup crushed ice
- 3 tablespoons coconut meat
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Dog treats to top
- Cocktail shaker
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Serving cup
Coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- Add the pumpkin, chicken broth, and ice to the shaker; shake well.
- Add the yogurt to the shaker; shake well.
- Pour into a cup (a dog bowl will also do).
- Top it off with whipped cream and cinnamon.
Recipe courtesy of Pet Naturals.
YOU ARE FUR-BULOUS
Puppuccino Dog Scarf
Last but certainly not least, howl about giving your fur-ever friend a fresh look to pair with their puppuccinos? We couldn’t imagine a better way to perk things up!
For purchase at etsy.com.