With its calming nature and bright flavors, no wonder over 159 million Americans are drinking tea EVERY SINGLE DAY! But what you may not know about this brew-tiful beverage is that teas are packed with immense healing properties that may help improve your health. We’re sharing our guide to help you soak up all the benefits behind your favorite Royal Cup teas!
- Green tea contains polyphenol antioxidants that reduce inflammation in the body, which helps keep your skin clear and glowing.
- Green tea antioxidants also offer antibacterial and antiviral effects that support your immune system and help you stay healthy and strong!
- Studies show that green tea’s antibacterial properties improve dental health and help fight bad breath. (coffee breath, anyone?!)
- Fun fact, green tea’s roots trace all the way back to China in 2737 B.C.! The relaxing beverage was only available to the upper tiers of Chinese society. It wasn’t until the 14th century that green tea became accessible to the general public for enjoyment and medicinal purposes.
Check out our fresh and mildly sweet organic green tea!
- Studies show that chamomile tea can be used to help improve the quality of your sleep. It contains apigenin, an antioxidant that binds to certain receptors in your brain that promote sleepiness and reduce insomnia, or the chronic inability to sleep.
- Drinking chamomile tea can be soothing to the stomach! Traditionally, it has been used to treat several digestive ailments, including nausea and gas.
- The phenolic compounds in chamomile tea may also help strengthen your immune system. There are compounds in chamomile tea that have been found to fight cold and flu symptoms, as well as relieve congestion!
At Royal Cup, we take this tea to the next level by combining the floral flavors of chamomile with hints of citrus in our organic limoncello chamomile. Talk about a winner! Purchase your bag here.
Easy-to-love Earl Grey
- Earl Grey can be used to improve dental health. The tea is rich in catechins, which are antioxidants that can guard against oral infections and protect teeth from decay.
- Earl Grey tea is also high in potassium so it can help you stay hydrated and balance fluid levels.
- Studies have found that the organic compounds and nutrients found in Earl Grey tea help lower the inflammation of the throat and stomach, as well as any other aches, pains or irritation in the body.
Check out Royal Cup’s delicious take on this classic drink here.
Mint to Be
- As a muscle relaxant and pain reliver, studies show that peppermint tea may improve certain types of headaches.
- Research also shows that menthol, one of the active compounds in peppermint, improves the perception of airflow in your nasal cavity. Therefore, steam from peppermint tea may help you feel as though your breathing is easier!
- Peppermint tea is naturally caffeine-free, and serves as a muscle relaxer, making it an ideal choice to calm you before bed!
We hope this guide inspires you to try these tricks out for yourself and use Royal Cup’s organic teas to their fullest potential!