For our weekly segment, Ultimate Tailgate with Southern Chefs, we bring you Full Moon BBQ's Kickin Pimento Cheese!
Every week this season, Royal Cup and AL.com will bring you recipes guaranteed to impress your friends at your tailgate or game day gathering with our Ultimate Tailgate with Southern Chefs. This week, Chef Chris Bartlett from Full Moon BBQ in Birmingham shows Lauren Sisler how to make a simple, quick snack for your tailgate that has proven to be a crowd-pleaser: Full Moon's Kickin' Pimento Cheese and Sausage.
Check out the recipe below and watch Chef Bartlett prepare this quick and easy dessert in the video above.
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. jar chopped pimiento peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup diced Jalapeños
- 2lbs sausage
- Box of saltine crackers
- Bottle of BBQ sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, mash with a fork, and stir with a rubber spatula until thoroughly mixed.
- Brown sausage in a pan over medium heat.
- Spread pimento cheese over cracker, top with sausage and BBQ sauce.