For our weekly segment, Ultimate Tailgate with Southern Chefs, we bring you the Sky High nacho dish!
Every week this season, Royal Cup and AL.com will bring you recipes guaranteed to impress your friends at your tailgate or gameday gathering with our Ultimate Tailgate with Southern Chefs. This week, Chef Richard Trent from Sky Castle Gastro Lounge in Birmingham shows Lauren Sisler how to make the ultimate nachos for your tailgate or gameday get-together.
Check out the recipe below and watch Chef Trent prepare this quick and easy dish in the video above.
- Corn tortilla chips
Pulled pork shoulder
Queso (dip style)
Sriracha sauce: Sriracha sauce heated up with a little bit of sugar (to pull back on some of the spice), orange juice, and apple cider vinegar
Refried Beans: Pinto beans cooked in bacon, green bell peppers, onions, and a little bit of chicken stock
- Pile chips onto a baking sheet.
- Top with sour cream, sriracha sauce, and pulled pork.
- Drizzle warm queso over the top generously.
- Top with grilled corn niblets, queso fresco, refried beans, avocado (cut into chunks), and cole slaw.
- Top everything with another sprinkling of queso fresco.